Wednesday, February 14, 2007

up to my eyeballs


I have done it again--getting swamped here with things that have to be done! But contributing somehow to someone who is in need of a hug keeps me going. I have a quilt ready to go on the frame and I hope to get it quilted in about 2-3 days. Sometimes prepping it for the frame takes some time (getting the backing pieced if I have to, cut to the right size, and the batting cut). Then the pinning on the frame takes some time too--the quilting is usually the easy part--as long as thread and machine are cooperating. My sewing machine gets a thorough cleaning before each start too--and oh a new needle!

I can really tell the length of daylight we are getting now. And the sun is much higher in the sky. Many think I am crazy to live where it still snows and is cold for six months out of a year but there are a lot of us who feel the same way. We love the smallness of the area and the people... Can't say enough about that. I love winter almost as much as spring and summer--fall is another favorite time. I plan to have a garden again this year--we have a lot of work to do in that area--I just hope I can pull it off. We have a greenhouse so a lot of it will happen in there probably. There are lots of things already here like berries and flowers--the moose have been eating my rose bush branches though--guess they have been doing it awhile so I can't fret over that. They seem to prefer rose bushes over crab apple trees. The moose are bigger than me so what can I do about it? Besides they are great stash defenders!

So as I said, up to my eyeballs--better get off here and get with the program! Lots of quilting has to be done.

3 comments:

Gail in Dallas said...

AHA...we can bribe the guard meese with roses! You're really serious about that quililting - you're a busy lady.

WIPPYSPLACE said...

somehow, I wish I lived up there--I like weather that is worth talking about! I am so deprived! LOL
Let me know when you have your machine free--I can get you busy again! hehehehe have fun *~*CAROLE*~*

Susan said...

I'm glad you are enjoying that weather. =) What I could see of the quilt on the machine looks great!